Rip Hunter and the used pile

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Rip Hunter and the used pile

Postby ujamggp » Tue May 30, 2017 12:30 pm

I had a question regarding this card's use and transition.

Rip Hunter : Navigate the Sands of Time
While Rip Hunter is active, once during your clear and draw step, when you draw dice from your bag you may send any number of them to the used pile and draw one new die for each

According to Dice Masters Rules Update 9/22/2014
" Any dice from your Field or Reserve pool are in transit to the Used Pile until the end of your turn. You
may indicate this by placing these dice outside of any zone. Once they are in transit there is no game
effect that may alter them. At the end of your turn all dice in transit are placed in your Used Pile."

1. Do the dice moved by this card not go out of play, since this card is targeting die at the clear and draw step prior to rolling them in the reserve pool?
2. or Must they go into transit due to you being the active player and you are "paying a cost" to draw the extra die?
ujamggp
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: Rip Hunter and the used pile

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed May 31, 2017 1:34 pm

ujamggp wrote:I had a question regarding this card's use and transition.

Rip Hunter : Navigate the Sands of Time
While Rip Hunter is active, once during your clear and draw step, when you draw dice from your bag you may send any number of them to the used pile and draw one new die for each

According to Dice Masters Rules Update 9/22/2014
" Any dice from your Field or Reserve pool are in transit to the Used Pile until the end of your turn. You
may indicate this by placing these dice outside of any zone. Once they are in transit there is no game
effect that may alter them. At the end of your turn all dice in transit are placed in your Used Pile."

1. Do the dice moved by this card not go out of play, since this card is targeting die at the clear and draw step prior to rolling them in the reserve pool?
2. or Must they go into transit due to you being the active player and you are "paying a cost" to draw the extra die?


1. You're correct, Rip's dice go straight to the Used Pile, since they don't enter the Reserve Pool. (It's like he's manipulating time or something!)

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: Rip Hunter and the used pile

Postby axyz » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:20 pm

dmrulesteam wrote:
ujamggp wrote:I had a question regarding this card's use and transition.

Rip Hunter : Navigate the Sands of Time
While Rip Hunter is active, once during your clear and draw step, when you draw dice from your bag you may send any number of them to the used pile and draw one new die for each

According to Dice Masters Rules Update 9/22/2014
" Any dice from your Field or Reserve pool are in transit to the Used Pile until the end of your turn. You
may indicate this by placing these dice outside of any zone. Once they are in transit there is no game
effect that may alter them. At the end of your turn all dice in transit are placed in your Used Pile."

1. Do the dice moved by this card not go out of play, since this card is targeting die at the clear and draw step prior to rolling them in the reserve pool?
2. or Must they go into transit due to you being the active player and you are "paying a cost" to draw the extra die?


1. You're correct, Rip's dice go straight to the Used Pile, since they don't enter the Reserve Pool. (It's like he's manipulating time or something!)

-The Dice Masters Rules Team


How does sending dice to the Used Pile and drawing 4 more dice work with cards with Swarm or Lockjaw?

1) If I draw sidekicks and choose to send them to the Used Pile and draw 2 Multiple Man (while I have Multiple Man active in the Field Zone) and 2 sidekicks. Will I still trigger Swarm?

2) If my opponent has common Lockjaw active in the Field Zone and I draw one of the named dice, then decide to send dice to the Used Pile and draw another copy of the named dice, while Lockjaw trigger twice (once for the initial draw and then once again for the second draw) or will Lockjaw just trigger once (because it is all the same draw phase during the Clear and Draw Step)?
axyz
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Re: Rip Hunter and the used pile

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:41 am

axyz wrote:
dmrulesteam wrote:
ujamggp wrote:I had a question regarding this card's use and transition.

Rip Hunter : Navigate the Sands of Time
While Rip Hunter is active, once during your clear and draw step, when you draw dice from your bag you may send any number of them to the used pile and draw one new die for each

According to Dice Masters Rules Update 9/22/2014
" Any dice from your Field or Reserve pool are in transit to the Used Pile until the end of your turn. You
may indicate this by placing these dice outside of any zone. Once they are in transit there is no game
effect that may alter them. At the end of your turn all dice in transit are placed in your Used Pile."

1. Do the dice moved by this card not go out of play, since this card is targeting die at the clear and draw step prior to rolling them in the reserve pool?
2. or Must they go into transit due to you being the active player and you are "paying a cost" to draw the extra die?


1. You're correct, Rip's dice go straight to the Used Pile, since they don't enter the Reserve Pool. (It's like he's manipulating time or something!)

-The Dice Masters Rules Team


How does sending dice to the Used Pile and drawing 4 more dice work with cards with Swarm or Lockjaw?

1) If I draw sidekicks and choose to send them to the Used Pile and draw 2 Multiple Man (while I have Multiple Man active in the Field Zone) and 2 sidekicks. Will I still trigger Swarm?

2) If my opponent has common Lockjaw active in the Field Zone and I draw one of the named dice, then decide to send dice to the Used Pile and draw another copy of the named dice, while Lockjaw trigger twice (once for the initial draw and then once again for the second draw) or will Lockjaw just trigger once (because it is all the same draw phase during the Clear and Draw Step)?


In both cases, you've still drawn the dice. Swarm and Lockjaw both trigger.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm


Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests