Kolo (Xindus OP Prize)

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Kolo (Xindus OP Prize)

Postby howarden » Tue May 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Kolo
"When a friendly ship within range 1 of your ship is defending, during the declare target step, your ship may become the target of the attack instead of the friendly ship. Treat the attack as though your ships were at the same range as the friendly ship".

Can Kolo's ship still become the Target if it is beyond range 3 of the attacker or if it is out of it's firing arc. Also can Kolo's ship become the target if it is obstructed by a planet?
howarden

Re: Kolo (Xindus OP Prize)

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:59 pm

howarden wrote:Kolo
"When a friendly ship within range 1 of your ship is defending, during the declare target step, your ship may become the target of the attack instead of the friendly ship. Treat the attack as though your ships were at the same range as the friendly ship".

Can Kolo's ship still become the Target if it is beyond range 3 of the attacker or if it is out of it's firing arc. Also can Kolo's ship become the target if it is obstructed by a planet?

Yes to all.
stawrulesteam

Postby admiralgross » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:17 am

Does Kolo protect squadrons? He's not affecting the squadron but instead the attacking ship so I was curious how this would be ruled.
admiralgross

Postby stawrulesteam » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:47 pm

Yes, Kolo can protect friendly squadrons because his ability does not target them or affect them directly.
stawrulesteam

Postby howarden » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:39 am

stawrulesteam wrote:Yes, Kolo can protect friendly squadrons because his ability does not target them or affect them directly.

Ok since Kolo is not targeting the friendly and he himself is not the target would the below apply to Kolo?

"While not stated explicitly, this would fall under rule 23 of the Additional Rules and only work once per turn:

"All cards that contain non-ACTION text abilities that are optionally triggered by a player may only be used once per round per ship per card." "

Kolo is a non-Action and he is optional. His card does not say "When defending", it is only triggers when a friendly ship is defending. Wouldn't this mean Kolo can only be used once per turn?
howarden

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:20 pm

"When a friendly ship within range 1 of your ship is defending, during the declare target step, your ship may become the target of the attack instead of the friendly ship. Treat the attack as though your ships were at the same range as the friendly ship."

Kolo is a ""When... defending.."" there is text inbetween but the when defending is there."
stawrulesteam

Postby wiegeabo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:50 pm

I have a ship with torpedoes that require spending a target lock.

I try to attack a ship that I have locked, and my opponent triggers Kolo to redirect my attack.

Since I spent my lock for my original target, can I still attack Kolo with the torpedoes? Or am I not able to attack at all because I didn't spend my lock on Kolo's ship?
wiegeabo

Postby stawrulesteam » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:17 pm

The first thing you do is choose a weapon to use, pay its costs, and meet its conditions.

Disabling the card, spending the target lock, and choosing a target all happen simultaneously.

Assuming you've met all of the costs and conditions for the attack and then Kolo then redirects the attack, you would be able to continue attacking with your Torpedoes against Kolo's ship.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions